Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Even Missoni Makes Mistakes?

I went to the merchandise mart today to try and find the one missing piece to make my apartment decor complete...a new bedroom lamp. Now I am not trying to be 'so New York', but the D&D building in New York is just so much better. And I don't even mean the goods since both carry a lot of the same vendors, but the layout of the merchandise mart is awful. Once you pass the second floor nothing can be digested! Well, the one thing I was able to digest was the Missoni home collection on display at Stark. First off, I was surprised to see that Stark was carrying Missoni...an unlikely pairing...Sacco maybe, but Stark? Really? Anyways, I obviously took a look at what they had to offer, and for the first time in my life I can say I was seriously disappointed. Yes, Missoni disappointed me. Their fabrics and wall covering selections on display were as fabulous as ever, but the carpets, not so much. Let's pin this one on Stark though. I don't want to pull a Countess Luann and say that even Missoni makes mistakes...on another note, stay away from the 13th and 14th ('gift and accessory') floors...tres tacky.

pics to come...my phone seems to have lost its life (must have been playing too much Chic C'est la Vie than it could handle!)

No comments:

Post a Comment