Friday, December 2, 2011

Lina Maple at SARCA

Lina Maple at SARCA: Call it Classic

While plotting out my detailed day-by-day Basel calendar to make sure I hit all of the important booths and emerging fairs, I noticed a trend in my current taste for contemporary art - the modern day take on Old Masters. Some of my favorite contemporary artists that best exhibit this trend in their work are Amanda Clyne, Hooper Turner and Julie Heffernan. Exquisite craftsmanship and a traditional aesthetic in a painting will never go out of style, making this genre of art much more than a trend. And what better pairing for these paintings to make the picture perfect classic aesthetic than Allison Paris?!

Clockwise from upper left: New work by Amanda Clyne, Hooper Turner, Julie Heffernan and new styles by Allison Paris

No comments:

Post a Comment