Sunday, April 29, 2012

Arty Party

One of the main reasons I started this blog was to expose my friends who aren't avid art enthusiasts to the art world and to learn more about their developing tastes, so it was really great to see them this weekend a little out of their element but still pleasantly enjoying and interacting with the works of emerging artists at the I CAN DO THAT SHOW at Variable Space in Bucktown. The premise of the show was to add to and change the work on display. Naturally, I took it upon myself to canvas as many works as possible. Here are some of the take aways from the show...

The bf's work on opening night


The bf's work on closing night


The group in the process of creation


Lina Maple at I CAN DO THAT


One of my favorite works from the show not created by the man in the purple spandex suit

No comments:

Post a Comment