Saturday, July 23, 2011

Art for Art's Sake

Today I headed over to the Flat Iron Arts Building in Bucktown. I try to make it there every few months to check out what's going on. I absolutely love the vibe there. It makes me feel like I am back in Brooklyn. In addition to housing dozens of artists' studios, it also has a yoga center, florist, barber shop and open jam session space for the artists by the artists. One of my favorite things about art is learning about the life of the artist and what makes them tick, so it is always a treat to be able to interact with them in the raw open space of their studio. I absolutely love it when I find a new artist whose work inspires me. I am thrilled to report I found that today and added it to my very own personal collection!

Karen Gagich (new to my collection)


more budding talent...





the vibe


No comments:

Post a Comment