Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Art in Review - River East Art Center

Yesterday I made my way over to the River East Art Center. On display now in the Museum of Private Art Collections is the work of Salvador Dali and Matt Lamb. While I am not particularly fond of the aesthetic of either artist, there were a few pieces that I appreciated and posted below. Upon first seeing Matt Lamb's work (and this was my first time) I immediately associated him with the Art Brut movement. While Jean Dubuffet has always been one of my favorite artists, I did not find Lamb's work to be of the same stature. On the whole, I found a lot of his work to be a bit kitschy. However, one thing that I found particularly interesting was his umbrella project. It reminded me of the art production fund's limited edition items at opening ceremony which I just love!

River East Art Center

Matt Lamb

Matt Lamb

No comments:

Post a Comment