Thursday, July 21, 2011

Jim Rose - Triple Threat

I was going to wait to include this in my Spotted This Week Post on Sunday, but I love it so much it deserves its very own post. I popped into a few galleries in River North yesterday, found a few things that I liked, then I walked into the Ann Nathan Gallery and hit the jackpot. Maybe I am now trained to appreciate a good piece of furniture from working in the interior design world, but I found Jim Rose's steel crafted art furniture to be just amazing! Rose is a graduate of the Art Institute of Chicago and has been represented by the Ann Nathan Gallery for 20 years. He is an incredible designer, craftsman and artist...can we say triple threat?! His furniture has a very vintage feel to it and is truly one-of-a-kind. Inspired by the quilting tradition, he incorporates colorful found panels of steel into detailed metalwork to create these individual masterpieces. And he does work on commission also!

Jim Rose Handmade Steel Furniture


No comments:

Post a Comment