Thursday, July 21, 2011

Flower Me Pretty

Today it was so hot I couldn't bear to make myself go outside...except to find a good florist in the neighborhood. (A girl's gotta have a good floral arrangement for a weekend of housewarming soirees!) Luckily, I found a great one just a few blocks away. Fleur-de-lis makes floral arrangements look like artistry. If there is one thing I have learned from my boss, it is the importance of flower styling and book styling. It actually took him over an hour once to arrange tulip stems in a vase for a shoot. Obviously they looked amazing, but that is a lot of work, and I am no expert. Fleur-de-lis totally side steps this by placing large leafs around the perimeter of the vase covering the stems and even puts the arrangement in a box decorated in your choice of tissue paper. They also sell absolutely adorable stationary and knick knacks as well. I am a sucker for fresh flowers and cute stationery so I am glad I found this go-to spot! And did I mention they are located in the River North Gallery District? Perfection.




No comments:

Post a Comment